Monday, October 17, 2016

Another Senior Photo session.

I had another senior photo session with my other little cousin.  They are all growing up too fast!

Again, I do not claim to be a professional photographer or anything.  I just simply have a simple DSLR and a few cheap lenses.  And I only enjoy shooting here and there just because it makes me content when I see people I love happy. 

They were suppose to go take their senior photos together but things came up so I had to do both of their shoots separately which was perfectly fine because with two different locations, their sessions were completely different and each had their own different vibe.  Regardless, I think both sessions turned out decent.  I have so much learning to do and so much equipment to upgrade, but since it is just a side hobby there really is no need to get upgraded equipment, I feel.  I think this might be my last shoot of 2016.  A distant friend asked for a shoot, but I don't know.  I usually don't pick and choose who I want to shoot, but the problem is, I don't have an assistant to go out with me and hold my additional equipment so it is hard to shoot.  Sometimes, just sometimes, an additional light is needed and I cannot extend my arm out to hold that and hold my camera at the same time.  At the same time I am afraid to ask for anyone's assistance because I, for one, do not get pay to shoot so I don't have money to pay that assistant therefore I feel bad and do not ask anyone to help.  I sometimes force my sisters into going, sometimes they agree sometimes they do not.  So that's also a bummer.  Another thing I hate about doing shoots is that if I don't know the person I'm shooting, I don't really want to go alone and nobody wants to go out for 2-3 hours just to stand around and wait for me either. Ugh.  I'm telling you, the struggle is real.

Oh and of course, my photoshop skills are thumbs down.  I don't know how to manipulate photos and such because my photoshop program is the older CS5 and now they have the photoshop CC or whatever that is a monthly/yearly subscription that I obviously cannot afford.  So sad.  I also do everything by "mouse" and not an editing pen in which one of these days I wish someone would buy for me as a gift.  Only $90. :(  But the main thing with taking photos is lighting in my opinion.  Lighting is EVERYTHING.  Does not matter how beautiful a model is, if photos are dark and grainy............. then the photos will not turn out.  And even if a subject is not top notch model material, if there is a good light source, the photos will become beautiful and will require very minimal editing.  As you will be able to see below, I am very new at this lighting stuff so my photos are all over the place.  I learn as I go, I experiment and remember what works and what does not.  Life of a hobby photo taker.  Wouldn't consider myself a photographer because it is deathly embarrassing.

Fall really is here and the leaves are changing fast!  I wanted to do a big girls photo session, but.... there's like no one to shoot. So I guess it will have to be next year when I find people who are interested.  Let's hope by this time of next year, I would have improved significantly in photo taking skills along with photoshop skills.  

Enjoy.


















XOXOMNT

No comments:

Post a Comment