Sunday, November 13, 2016

I got hired!

Yay! *Pats on back*

I went through 3x interview, HR, hiring managers, and peer interview.  I thought I was not going to get it and half way gave up hope already. This process took a full month. I told myself I was only going to wait until next Friday as the last day and I will start applying for other jobs.  But thankfully HR called me back and offered me the position at the wage that I had wanted.  I told myself if they offer me lower, I would still accept the position anyways, but I had a specific wage that I had wanted. I remember talking to the HR person and she asked why I wanted that wage and I told her it is negotiable based on my experience and what they are looking to offer.  She told me in advance that it would be somewhere around what I had wanted. But now that I am offered that wage, I wish I had asked for a higher number.  My sister told me not to be greedy though.  She said that I should be grateful and appreciate it because I had called and prayed for that wage so now that I received what I had been wishing for, I need to be thankful and not be greedy.   She is right.  I am thankful.

I will officially start on the 29th of this month.  I am excited and scared.  I have about 2 weeks and 2 days to relax and enjoy life (finally after almost 3 months of worrying about being jobless).  This new journey, I will appreciate and enjoy every moment of it.  I hope on staying with this place for a long time since it is something I have been wanting to so and a place I have been wanting to work for.  I'm ready.  I hope to save enough money and be able to buy a house next year.  I am finally starting to feel like I can breathe and dream again now that I will be employed and bringing in income again instead of just living off my parents like the last 3 months.  I am ready to give back and help those who had helped me during hard times.

All in all, I am excited. Congratulations to myself.

And before I leave, I guess I should also mention that Trump won election.  It will be interesting.  To me, it didn't matter too much because both parties did not appeal to me. The next 4 years will be interesting regardless if Clinton or Trump had won.

XOXOMNT

No comments:

Post a Comment