Saturday, February 11, 2017

Life Updates

Hello,

I have officially been at my workplace for a little over 2 months now.  It's amazing how fast time flies by when I keep myself busy.  I'm really liking everything right now.  We have a new EMR going live on Monday so things are hectic at work with transferring all accounts over and pre-regging accounts that will be coming into play on Monday morning.  It's a new beginning for ALL of us so this will be a great learning process for all of us.  I'm excited and nervous at the same time.  I have to be up by 6am tomorrow to go into work and do some OT so we can be well prepared for Monday/Tuesday and the upcoming week.  It's going to be extremely interesting.

TOP oppa from Big Bang has officially enlisted in the Korean Military on Feb 9th, 2017.  It's so sad to see him go and to not have Big Bang as a group anymore until the next 8? years or so.  It will be amazing once they all reunite and release another album.  With his enlistment, I made a promise to myself that I will work hard for the 21 months that he will be gone for.  I made a small promise to myself that I will save up $10,000 minimum to have in my savings account as my emergency fund that I will NEVER use unless it really is an emergency.  That will total up to be around $476.xx amount per month.  I know some months I will be able to save more and some months less, but within that 21 months, 10g is my goal.  Until then, TOP oppa, let's both work hard at our goals.

In addition to the emergency fund/savings goal within that 21 months, I also set a new goal for myself for 2017 too.  I don't care about losing weight, don't care about what I look like, or what I don't have or anything at the moment.  My 2017 goal is to pay off ALL MY DEBTS that I owe (not including student loans) by December 31st, 2017.  That is my ultimate long short term goal.  Long term for this year, and short term for life.  I am on a mission to pay off all my unnecessary credit cards, well one of them was necessary since it was for medical treatments.  Other than that I want to pay off everything COMPLETELY and pay off all the people I owe money to (dad and sister) whom I borrowed money from since they were very kind to lend me money during my deepest and poorest moments in life.  Those things are my top priority in life at the moment.  I want to be done and over with paying for money I owe to other people.  After 2017 when I completely pay off everything, I will work hard on not charging my credit cards and on anything that I cannot pay cash for.  I will set new goals for myself in 2018.  I am kind of, very obsessed with financial counting and everything at the moment.  Everyone... well everyone online is talking about the whole Dave Ramsey thing with the snowball effect.  I have not had a chance to actually watch the Dave Ramsey show or whatever but I have watched successful stories on youtube that did amazingly great at paying off their debts through his snowball thing and also his 7 tips of whatever they need to currently keep up in life with.  I have not had a chance to actually thoroughly look through the things to see if it will help me in life, which I think I should be soon one of these days when I find time.

I spent 3 hours in total listing off all my credit card debts, all my school loans, all my monthly househould utility bills, all my spendings, and everything together to see how much money I am spending and using.  Like a lot of the successful people say, don't try to pay off everything at once.  Pay minimum of everything else and max out payments for one thing at a time.  I allowed leadway for emergencies and unplanned things to occur so that I will have enough money to still continue on this "wipe off the debt" snowball method.  If my calculations are right and I do not go off track, I can pay everything off by the end of this year which is AMAZING because I owe so much. Of course not the students loans.  I'm planning on reaching that $10,000 goal of emergency fund first and then I will start to plan out how I'm going to continue to pay off my loans.  Along the way, I am expecting to get a car, but not until all my stuff has been paid off.  I am excited for this new journey.  I can't believe I never had a plan before I got myself into all this trouble.  Overall, my entire debt is roughly $55,000 and under.  I haven't calculated it to the penny, but it sure is not worth trying to pay a lot for everything at once.  If I had done my research ahead of time, I would've been able to successfully pay off my debts and not be in debt to anyone.

With that said, I am working extra hard every single day to make as much extra income as I can to be able to save and pay off everything.  If things goes as plan and I continue to work every single day until the end of this year minus the fact that some holidays I will not be working, I should be able to pay off all those extra things and have a lump sum savings goal of $8.000 minimum by December 2017.  I won't punish myself too hard if I cannot get to 8g's, but it would be great and my life would be wonderful if I could. And my goal of 10g would be coming along perfectly well and by 2020 I would be able to completely wipe off my student loans. If things continue to work out, I will get decent raises from both work positions and continue to make more money as these months roll by too.  I am very very excited.  But of course we can't celebrate until I reach those goals.

Until then, let's all work hard.

XOXOMNT




















No comments:

Post a Comment