Thursday, October 6, 2016

A Morning at the Chicken Coop + Family Photos

Greetings!

Welcome back to another entry of my blog.  I was debating if I should continue the vacation postings or if I should post something more recent???? But I figured, I might as well continue posting from our family vacation and before photos, I can update a little one the recent happenings. 

We arrived to location after an 8 hour long drive from Las Vegas to Atwater, California and stayed up all night with the rest of the family after having dinner.  The next morning my sisters and I woke up around 7am to go to my grandpa's chicken coop.  It was my first time actually seeing a personal kept chicken coop... as where I am from there are no such "personal" chicken coops. Most people here get their livestock from the slaughter house or dead stock from the stores.  So even though it was very simple, I was very much excited about the whole thing.  My grandpa kept laughing because I was taking so many photos of everything, even the things that probably won't mean anything in the future. 

After we came back from the chicken coop, my aunts, sisters, and I went shopping for food and whatever was needed later for my grandparent's birthday celebration.  Since the whole family will be together later when everyone arrived, we spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon shopping and prepping.  After the birthday celebration, my mom gave our all the gifts she prepped for the aunts and we headed to the park to take family photos.  It was pretty much a social day and busy running around shopping day for us. 

Since we didn't sleep much the night we arrived in town, I was extremely exhausted and nap in my little cousin's room for a good 3 hours before waking up which basically meant I missed the cooking portion and the first half of the speeches made by everyone.  Thank goodness all the speeches were recorded so I was able to listen to those after. 


Grandparents refilling the food containers for their chickens.


Grandpa hate this little whisker babies so much he always set these traps to catch them and kill them for eating his chicken's food. Haha.



So much dust everywhere that we all had to go into the chicken coop like this.  My eyes could not handle.

Gma picking out her eggs.

Lucky 3.








Gma's baby chick that mom is holding.

California is basically........... dry. Lol. Compared to Minnesota where everything is so green.



The owners of the land has these two huge persimmons tree right next to the chicken coops.  First time ever seeing these fruits on the tree.


Almost the entire side of my mom's family.  Missing my two little cousins who had summer school and couldn't join us.






Everyone spent the night at my uncle's place and we stayed til 3am even though we were suppose to be up at 6am already to head out to Yosemite National Park.
And that concludes day 4 of our vacation since day 3 was basically spent driving to California. Until my next blog, take care.  Footage from this blog post can be viewed here

XOXOMNT

No comments:

Post a Comment