Friday, October 7, 2016

Hiking Yosemite National Park and Swimming in Lake Tahoe

Hello!  Welcome back!

It was a rough night, I could not sleep at all and twist/turned all night until 4am, slept til 8am and couldn't do it anymore.  So I've been up walking around like a zombie and decided I might as well post another photo blog.

One my my request during earlier months of planning with my aunts and uncles was to go hiking in Yosemite National Park again.  Again, meaning I already went there once when my friends and I took our two weeks vacation back in 2011.  It was an amazing hike and I was not too out of shape back then and made it to the top top top of the waterfall.  This year (2015) I didn't even make it to the top.  I was struggling to make it half way up because of how much weight I have gained since.  It's amazing how a few years and a few pounds could do so much to a body.  My uncle literally pushed me and my aunt (his wife) all the way up there like a train.  He was too sweet lol.  I seriously wanted to give up and just say "goooooooo leave me to die here." Haha.  One of my younger cousin found me a walking stick and half way through the hike when I sat down for a brief moment to rest my shaky legs, my grandma came out of no where and literally snatched it out of my hands saying she need it more than me.  I was taken back and had to literally LOL.  Everyone who was slow paced like me laughed hard too because grandma was gangster as heck and just kept her calm even when she took my hiking stick.  Of course, I didn't mind but I still teased her about it just because it was hilarious! She said she was fine when I offered it to her earlier before the big hike and she probably was eyeing it the entire time while hiking up to the top of the waterfall. Haha.  

At first, one of my elder uncle did not want to hike up to the waterfall, but EVERYONE, literally everyone was asking and complaining saying that the whole reason why they were there was to hike and see the waterfall.  So we ended up going after some discussion and agreements.  My dad stayed back in the car for a good total about 7 hours?  Back in 2011 when my friends and I went, one of my friend did the same thing.  She stayed and waited in the car for us for 7 hours too.  Those two are crazy.  It takes about 2 hours or a little over that to hike up the trial and same back down.  And it was longer because my family spent time up at the top swimming and relaxing.  By the time everyone made it down to the parking area again it was starting to get dark but since we drove out this far to Yosemite, we continued driving to Half Dome.  Even though our stop at Half Dome was quick, it was still as beautiful as the first time I laid eyes on it.  Oh, and the drive there was so scary.  Since we had a big 15 passenger rental, all the curving and stuff almost made me throw up.  The first time I went, I fell asleep the entire drive due to exhaustion from hiking so I missed out on the drive, but this time around, everyone was very chattery so nobody got any sleep on the drive there.  After enjoying our time and taking a few photos before the sun officially set, we drove back to Merced to pick up our luggages since we were going to sleep over at my other aunt's (mom's 3rd sister) house in Sacramento.  Drove another 2 hours to her place and called it a night there since we a change of plans and the family wanted to travel to Lake Tahoe.  

Woke up the next morning tired and sore (everyone was) and had breakfast and starting prepping meat to bbq for our trip.  Waited for all the family members who didn't travel to Sacramento the previous night with us to arrive and if I remember right, we left around 11am because some of the family members woke up late.  I don't even remember how long the drive was from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe because we all were busy chatting away that it didn't seem that long or at least not as bad as when we drove back since we drove straight from Lake Tahoe to Atwater and it was pitch black darkness when we drove back too.  Anyhow, two great and fun, but tiring days of fun with the family.  I don't know when will be the next time that we all would have so much fun together again.  And through this one day trip to Lake Tahoe, I learned so much from my uncles and aunts.  Half way through our trip everyone kind of gave up being in the water and just rested so being me and being my uncle, we went and laid by the water and just talked and talked and talked and was catching up on what we missed in each other's life.  After a while my two aunts (both wives of my uncles) and my other uncle came and joined us.  We chatted for a good 2 or 3 hours.  I lost count of time because I was laughing so much at how open they were and realize that I was no longer a little kid that didn't understand what life was anymore and that was why they were so open.  My other uncle and aunt wanted to take us to go eat crawfish at a chain restaurant since none of us had ever have authentic crawfish before, but my brother and two sisters wanted to go so the car did not fit everyone and it would be rude for me to just disappear all of a sudden especially when my siblings were still shy around my mom's side of the family (the last time they saw any of my mom's family members minus one uncle was 15 years ago so everyone was basically strangers to one another).  I, on the other hand, kept in touch with everyone and I traveled a few times to California by myself and visited them so I was more comfortable with my mom's side of the family out of all the kids. 

Anyways, thinking about what happened and how everything happened seems like a dream, but of course I have photos to prove that those things all did happened and it was not just my imagination.  It's amazing how a full year a many months has passed by already.  I'm not sure when we will ever get to all be together again, but I think we all made a wise choice to see one another and it was and still is amazing to me how much everyone put effort into getting work off to spend time with one another.  Even if nobody says it with words, their actions are definitely those of love.

Enough of my blabbing, should we start the photo gallery?


Making their way to the first waterfall.  Since California was in drought crisis, the waterfall was 90% smaller than when I went in 2011.  So sad to disappoint all my family members who has not seen it.  Back a few years ago when I went, standing where my uncle is in this photo, we would be completely soaked wet from the mist.

The brothers and uncles getting ready for a swim.

Nobody wanted to swim at first, but after my uncles and brothers jumped in, a bunch of other tourists also joined them. 

Silly guys.
The two most silliest!

A great comparison of how big the rocks were compared to us.  I didn't even make it this far.  I was too afraid of my troubles of coming back.  It is always easier to make it to the destination, but to come back is another story.  

Prepping our lunch.  We had over 30 people in our group that went to Yosemite that day.

We didn't take much photos during our hike because I was way too tired and out of shape to catch up with all the younger people ahead.  I stayed with the elders who weren't as photogenic so being fat and breathless I did not even bother for photos since I've been there already and took a million photos the first time I was there. Haha, so it didn't matter to me if I got photos or not.  And since I didn't make it to the top, I don't have any photos of everyone relaxing and enjoying their time up there.  And even though I gave the camcorder to someone who did go all the way up, I think they were just too excited to be there and didn't record any footage either.  I swear, I must be the only one who actually want photos and videos for memories.  Everyone else will just remember in their heads.


Made it to Half Dome.

Sister with cousins and uncle.

Mom and aunt.

Is the background just not breathtaking?

Can you tell we are all so tired from our hike? Haha.

Having fun before we go home.

The uncles and the brothers are the funnest lol.  They are always creative in posing.

Another shot of baby brother.

We didn't take any photos prior to arriving to Lake Tahoe, so the rest of these were taken when we arrived safe and sound.  I wish to go back one day.  To actually rent a cabin there or camp out.  It would be so much fun.  





My aunt bought a ton of these bread with meat fillings inside.  Oh my gosh it was delicious.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.







Merman???







Hurted like h*ll was what they told us after landing. Lol!



Out of 200 shots, only this one was good. Lol, my uncle on the right could not stay still and kept toppling over.  They attempted so many times it was hilarious!



We all could not stop laughing after they all fell apart!

LOL, we were such fails compared to the guys.

And yes we stayed til sunset.

And of course, we have to end the night being silly!!! My cousin is the goofiest of all.  I miss them all so much!
Until next time, take care!

XOXOMNT

1 comment: