Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Apple Picking

It's been years since I've stepped foot at an Apple Orchard.  I was dragged out yesterday by the baby brother because he said I was home too much and needed to get out and get some fresh air.  I agreed at first and then changed my mind 15 minutes later and didn't want to go anymore because then I would have to get ready, change clothes and ugh it was too much work.  But he didn't take no for an answer so off we went to the apple orchard with his girlfriend, her baby sister, and my cousin.  We initially went to one close to us but that one was a "walk through and learn" apple orchard only not a "pick your own fruits" orchard.  So...... we googled up another location which was about a 45 minute drive but since we were on a mission the brother and his girlfriend decided to go ahead and do the drive. 

It was a nice breather to get out of the house and smell the apples and be around nature.  It wasn't too cold and it was not too warm so it was perfect to be out and away from everything else.  Oh by the way, this place is called Afton Apple Orchard in Hastings, MN.  They also have pumpkin picking, raspberry plantation/picking, and even strawberry picking which was obviously out of season.


The Hay Ride was probably my most favorite part with the wind blowing through my hair and just cruising down the road to the apple orchard.



These two are always ready for the camera no matter where or when, they will be ready. Haha. Brother and Cousin.


Both are hard workers... one working hard to pick and the other working hard to taste. Haha!

The tops are the best...!




Silly Joey!

Lost his shoe because he threw an apple in the air to kick and off flew his shoe. Lol!

Asking for help.... lol

My favorite! Macintosh? Or something like that... sweet and tarte.

Love love love this little one.  My brother's gf's baby sister.  She was super shy at first when I got in the car to sit next to her, but she opened up after I told her she can lean on me to nap while we drove that long 45 minutes.

Cute 3 year old!

She would not let go of her "daddy apple and baby apple"


I love how she always steal glances at my brother. Lol!

And was caught... lol



This place is amazing. So relaxing.

So much wasted apples that fell....


Pumpkins are starting to go bad...

They found her another "baby apple"

By this time, she didn't care to follow her sister and my brother anymore, she was more than comfortable with me.

And away we start snapping.


Joe ran away after photobombing her and she ran after him because she wanted him in the photo with her.  She is seriously so cute!

Content with baby apples.




Putting her "baby apples" to sleep.












He really does not want to get rid of that "Asian-ness" in him at ALL.











Very happy and content!





She's even more happy at the end of our venture because her sister found her a small enough pumpkin so she can personally carry it.
















They enjoyed it more than the 3 year old did. Lol!







It was a great and well day spent.  I enjoyed every moment of it.  Didn't think I was going to take much photos, but I brought my camera anyways since my brother said I should.  It was either I bring mine or he was going to bring his.  I like my lens better than his so I decided to just bring mines.  Glad I did since we got quite a few good shots. 

XOXOMNT

No comments:

Post a Comment