Sunday, June 25, 2017

Staycation

Hello hello.

We are one week away from the annual MN Hmong Sports Tournament.  I am off this upcoming Friday-Wednesday of next week and will be going back to work on Thursday.  I originally wanted to travel out of town to anywhere sometime during those days off but it is not going to happen because I have no available friends or anyone who wants to go. So...... stay-home-vacation it is or as everyone else around here calls it... staycation.

I should be thankful that I have a job that pays decent enough to cover my bills and such, but instead I feel so insulted at work.  My boss said 100% of what we are giving in is still not enough.  I don't think I have ever worked at a place and given so much time and energy into this kind of work.  I know for sure I need to leave soon, although I must say, I really like the benefits and how much time I am getting off work per pay period, or PTO earned per paid period.  If I get paid 2x a month, that's two full days of PTO per month, and on the months that I get pay 3x, that's three full PTO per month.  I don't know anywhere else that would give me that much PTO and such.  It is also really easy for me to request off and take off work whenever I want to as long as I request it first and foremost before the other people in the same department does.

My coworker just told me on Friday that she accepted a new job and will be putting in her two weeks notice this upcoming Monday which would be tomorrow.  Kind of sad.  She's one to really help and to really pay attention to details and get everything solved when I cannot do it.  It's going to be hard when she leaves because I go to her for everything, but I do not blame her for wanting to leave.  EVERYTHING we do is not recognized and not appreciated. I can't just up and leave because it's hard. I have bills to pay, I need to focus on finding a new job, but at the very same time, my goal was to stay here for a full year before I started looking for something else.  It is quite hard to focus on positively going into work because everything is so negative.  I work every other week on two different floors and sometimes get thrown into other departments to help do other things too and I don't mind so much, but there is a lot of work... so much work that it is impossible to complete and fulfill the "goals" of whomever comes up with them.

Anyways--------------

On the bright side, attended the 2nd Annual Hmong Town Festival today with my parents and sisters.  It was fun, lots of food, lots of vendors, and lots of music.  I ate enough and had lots to drink too.  There are these two ladies from Fresno that were selling Thai Clothes, the cheaper ones, but they were still beautiful as ever for $90.  I really want one.  They are going to be at the upcoming tournament this weekend so I am looking forward to going back to their booth and purchasing it this weekend.  I didn't bring enough money today because I was not expecting to be buying anything but food.  I really want to wear Thai clothes, but I refuse to spend $300+ on one because apparently, I am sooooo big that it costs extra fabrics to make one for me so it will be $300-400 which is total bullshit!  The one that I saw today, I tried on and it looks great, the skirt is adjustable and that's all I care about.  As long as it fits, that's all that I want.  I don't care whether it is those super expensive ones or not because I'm only going to wear it once and that is it.

Maybe.. just maybe I will take my camera with me next weekend and bring back photos to post on here....... motivation less to carry that camera around anywhere.  

That's all.

XOXOMNT

No comments:

Post a Comment